Cllr. Kieran McCarthy’s Make a Model Boat Project 2022
Create your own model boat from recycled materials and bring it along for judging at the Lough.
All model boats must be brought to the Lough at 18:30 on Thursday 9 June for display, launching and adjudication. There will be prizes for the best boats and all prize-winning boats will be exhibited during this year’s Cork Harbour Festival 3-13 June, at Cork City Library.
This event is being run in association with Meitheal Mara and The Old Cork Waterworks.
- The entrant(s) will be placed in categories or levels, of which there are three, 4-6 years olds, 7-11 years olds and 12-15 year olds.
- There are to be two further categories of entrant; individual and group (min 2-max 3 people).
- Special need categories will be created on the basis of interest by teachers and applications received.
Book tokens will be awarded to the firsts in each age categories. Certificates will be awarded to each participant. Prizes are kindly sponsored by Cllr Kieran McCarthy. Prize winning boat builders will have their boats officially exhibited in the Cork City Library as part of this year’s Cork Harbour Festival programme.
- The theme is ‘Boats of the Future’, which is open to interpretation.
- Models should be made from recycled materials. The nature of what kind of model boat should be presented is up to the participant.
- Models should be able to float.
- All models should be brought to the northern end of the Lough (Lough Church side) for display and adjudication on Thursday evening, 9 June 2022, 6.30pm.
- There are no restrictions on the size of the model.
- Prizes will be awarded to models that are of a high standard and in particular, which demonstrate colour, creativity, imagination, an ability to float and related to the theme.
Please register by Tuesday 31 May 2022