Meitheal Mara invites applications for the position of Marketing, PR & Programme Coordinator for the 2022 Cork Harbour Festival. This is a part-time, temporary position incorporating the equivalent of 25 hours per week for the duration of 14 weeks, from 4 April – 8 July 2022. Flexibility on the distribution of hours will be required in order to meet the demands of the festival. Salary offered is the pro-rata equivalent of € 30,420 pa. Applications from candidates who prefer to work as employees or on a self-employed basis to meet the requirements of the position are welcome.
About Cork Harbour Festival:
The largest annual event in Cork Harbour, attracting thousands of visitors in the first 10 days of June. Cork Harbour Festival features the flagship rowing race Ocean to City – An Rás Mór, as well as over 50 other events both on and off the water. The festival is coordinated by Meitheal Mara, and supported by Cork City Council, Cork County Council, the Port of Cork and Fáilte Ireland.
The successful candidate will work in a small team, directly with the Festival Manager, to coordinate the marketing, PR and programming for Cork Harbour Festival.
- Work with the Festival Manager, Ocean to City Director, and the General Manager of Meitheal Mara to ensure the delivery, operation and sustainability of Cork Harbour Festival.
- Work collaboratively with our event partners, to coordinate and promote the festival; identify new partners and build relationships.
- Liaise with both existing and new event partners in order to collate the festival programme.
- Marketing and promotion of Cork Harbour Festival as well as individual events within the festival.
- Rolling out of PR campaign including the writing of press releases, organising of photo ops and liaising with media.
- Delivery of an effective digital marketing campaign.
- Liaise with stakeholders, visitors, volunteers and the general public.
- Monitor and analyse the effectiveness of the festival and its communications.
- Post-event report on the Festival and marketing campaign.
- General administrative duties and other assistance as required by the organisation.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills, with attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including copywriting experience.
- Marketing and digital marketing experience is essential.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office Suite, various social media, Canva, Mailchimp, Adwords and WordPress are used).
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- An enthusiastic, cooperative and resourceful self-starter, with the ability to work on his/her own initiative as well as in a small team.
- Ability and flexibility to work overtime and alternate shifts as job needs require.
This is a great opportunity to work in a small, dynamic team and coordinate the delivery of Cork’s largest annual maritime event.
Applications enclosing a max. two-page CV with a cover letter highlighting relevant experience for this position may be sent to: Joya Kuin, Festival Manager, Meitheal Mara, Crosses Green House, Crosses Green, Cork or by email to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Sunday March 20 2022
Interviews for those successfully shortlisted will be held during the week starting Monday 28 March. Proposed start date in the week beginning Monday 4 April subject to confirmation of funding.