- June 11, 2021
17:00 - 18:00
In association with Cllr Kieran McCarthy.
Make a model boat at home from recycled materials – this year’s theme is: ”At Home by the Lee”.
The online Award Ceremony will take place on our YouTube channel on Friday 11 June at 17:00. See you there!
– There are three age categories: 4-6yrs, 7-11yrs and 12-15yrs.
– There are prizes for best models and the project is free to enter.
– The closing date for entries is 23rd of May 2021
– You will need to send a picture or video of your creation to firstname.lastname@example.org
– The entrants will be placed in categories or levels, of which there are three: 4-6yrs, 7-11yrs and 12-15yrs
– Special need categories will be created on the basis of interest by applications received.
– Gift vouchers will be awarded to the firsts in each category. Certificates will be awarded to each participant.
-Prizes are kindly sponsored by Cllr Kieran McCarthy and will be posted out to the winning participants.
– The theme is “At home by the Lee”, which is open to interpretation.
– Models should be made from recycled materials. The nature of what kind of model boat should be made is up to you.
– All models should be photographed or videoed and emailed to email@example.com by 23rd of May 2021.
– Please include the names of the boat builders and their ages, as well as the name of the boat.
– As we will be posting these up on social media please only submit photos of the boats (not the boat builders) and we will only use first names, age and area on our posts.
– There are no restrictions on the size of the model.
– As per previous years, we still hope to give your boat its maiden voyage at The Lough later this year so do test it in a sink or bath for floatability.
– Prizes will be awarded to models that are of a high standard and in particular, which demonstrate colour, creativity and imagination.
– Photos will go up on social media under hashtag: #makeamodelboat
– You will be contacted by email if you have won a prize and look forward to seeing you at our Model Boat event at The Lough later this year (date to be confirmed).
**Note** This competition closes May 23rd, the award ceremony will take place June 11th at 17:00
In association with: