The 2020 online celebration of Cork Harbour Festival has now come to a close. A sincere thanks to all our event partners, speakers, participants, viewers and funders for their support this year.
Na báid agus naol na ndaoine.
Watch our recorded sessions here
Lunchtime Lecture: Dr Connie Kelleher ‘The Alliance of Pirates, Ireland and Atlantic Piracy’
Interview with Jim Kennedy of Atlantic Sea Kayaking – by Lorna Siggins
In the Footsteps of An Rás Mór - an insider's track with Eddie English
Kids' Model Boat Project - Award Ceremony with Cllr Kieran McCarthy
How to plan a CORKumnavigation with Jack O'Keeffe
Ó Bhéal Poetry Event with sailor poet Mick Delap
Ocean to City Virtual Challenge end
Online diorama tutorial by Fiona Boniwell & Cork City Libraries
Comic diorama tutorial by Fiona Boniwell & Cork City Libraries
2020 Online Celebration Videos!
Ukulele Shanty Sea Song tutorial with Andrew d'Uke AD
Ocean to City map by Andrew & NLN, Hollyhill
Ocean to City stop motion by Andrew King
Story and Song 3 with Deirdre Ryan & Cork City Children's Library
Story and Song 4 with Deirdre Ryan & Cork City Children's Library
Story and Song 6 with Deirdre Ryan & Cork City Children's Library
A Step Back In Time with Rita Dineen & Cork City Children's Library
Kids Model Boat Competition 2020
Stevie G's #CorkHarbourFest Playlist
Chris Bullzini at SeaFest
Ned Denison's Torture Swim
Atlantic Sea Kayaking in Baja California Sur
The Lonesome Boatman | Music Generation
Harper's Island & Birdwatch Ireland
Cllr. Kieran McCarthy’s
Kids’ Model Boat Project
“At Home by the Lee”
Make a model boat at home from recycled materials – the theme is: ”At Home by the Lee”.
- There are three age categories 4-8yrs, 9-12yrs and 13-16yrs.
- There are prizes for best models and the project is free to enter.
- The closing date for participants is extended until May 15th 2020.
- You will need to send a picture or video of your creation to email@example.com
- The entrant/s will be placed in categories or levels, of which there are three, 4-8yrs 8-12yrs and 12-16yrs
- Special need categories will be created on the basis of interest by applications received.
Gift vouchers will be awarded to the firsts in each category. Certificates will be awarded to each participant. Prizes are kindly sponsored by Cllr Kieran McCarthy and will be posted out to the winning participants.
- The theme is “At home by the Lee”, which is open to interpretation.
- Models should be made from recycled materials. The nature of what kind of model boat should be made is up to you.
- As per previous years, we still hope to give your boat its maiden voyage at The Lough later this year so do test it in a sink or bath for floatability.
- All models should be photographed and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- As we will be posting these up on social media please only submit photos of the boats (not the boat builders) and we will only use first names, age and area on our posts.
- There are no restrictions on the size of the model.
- Prizes will be awarded to models that are of a high standard and in particular, which demonstrate colour, creativity and imagination.
- Photos will go up on appropriate social media under hashtags: #creativityathome #athomebythelee.
- You will be contacted by email if you have won a prize and look forward to seeing you at our Model Boat event at The Lough later this year (date to be confirmed).
Good luck to everyone!