- May 16, 2019
18:30 - 20:00
Create your own model boat from recycled materials and bring it along for judging at the Lough.
All model boats must be brought to the Lough at 18:30 on Thursday 16 May for display, launching and adjudication. There will be prizes for the best boats and all prize-winning boats will be exhibited during this year’s Cork Harbour Festival 1 – 9 June, at Cork City Library.
This event is being run in association with Cllr Kieran McCarthy and the Lifetime Lab, Cork.
- The entrant/s will be placed in categories or levels, of which there are three:
- (i) Primary 4-8 years old,
- (ii) Primary 9-12 years old and
- (iii) Secondary (includes Junior Certificate and Leaving Certificate).
- There are to be two further categories of entrant; individual and group (min 2-max 3 people).
- Special Need categories will be created on the basis of interest by teachers and applications received.
- Book tokens will be awarded to the firsts in the primary and secondary school categories.
- Certificates will be awarded to each participant. Prizes are kindly sponsored by Cllr Kieran McCarthy.
- Prize winning boat builders will have their boats officially exhibited in the Cork City Library as part of this year’s Cork Harbour Festival, 1-9 June 2019.
- The theme is ‘Stories of Cork’, which is open to interpretation.
- Models should be made from recycled materials. The nature of what kind of model boat should be presented is up to the participant.
- Models should be able to float.
- All models should be brought to the Lough (Lough Church side) for display and adjudication on Thursday evening, 16 May 2019, 18:00.
- There are no restrictions on the size of the model.
- Prizes will be awarded to models that are of a high standard and in particular, which demonstrate colour, creativity, imagination, an ability to float and related to the theme.
Please register by Friday 10 May 2019.
Venue: The Lough