In light of the rapidly evolving situation and public health measures related to Covid-19, it is with great disappointment the organisers of Cork Harbour Festival and Ocean to City have taken the decision to cancel this year’s events. The festival was due to take place 15 May – 8 June, with the flagship Ocean to City – An Rás Mór on 6 June.
We thank everyone for their support and work to date and look forward to welcoming you all to a bigger and better Cork Harbour Festival and Ocean to City next year, in partnership with SeaFest 2021.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our staff, participants, event partners, volunteers, spectators and supporters. Please do your best to stay safe and well.
It is worth noting that Cork Harbour Festival had the highest ever number of event submissions this year and we were so looking forward to celebrating our wonderful harbour with you all. Next year’s Cork Harbour Festival will take place 5 – 13 June 2021 and we look forward to welcoming you back then.
Wishing you all well in the coming months.
The Events Team at Meitheal Mara
Cork Harbour Festival is a week-long celebration of Ireland’s unique maritime heritage, set in the second largest natural harbour in the world.
To receive updates on this year’s festival, please sign up here.
Cork Harbour Festival is the largest annual event in Cork Harbour offering a nine-day celebration of maritime culture, from 1-9…
SeaFest launches its biggest free programme to date Ireland’s largest free maritime celebration comes to Cork city in June 24…
- The Gab Storytelling 2019Event Partner"We loved being part of the festival at the beautiful location of Top Bar Cork Opera House. It helped stretch our creativity, celebrate Cork in a new way for us and attracted lots of new faces"
- The Rebel Plunge 2019Event Partner"It is a wonderful event to be part of".
- Cllr Kieran McCarthyEvent Partner"A brilliant organising team".
- CIT Blackrock CastleEvent Partner"Great crowd! Good energy! Lots of engagement with the telescopes".
- Ó BhealEvent Partner"There's nothing like it! Living in Cork we tend to forget that the sea is nearby. What a treasure to have such a significant maritime festval on our doorstep"!
- Spike IslandEvent Partner"Very well organised and crucially well advertised".